Motivated, critical thinker with 10+ years experience in Public Sector and NGO work. Creative, self-starter with measurable results in planning and developing strategic projects to reach goals.
|Strategic Planning||Community Engagement|
|Leadership & Sales||Writing & Research|
|Client Relations||Volunteer Management|
|Contract Procurement||Relationship Building|
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
- Served as Project Manager throughout the 1.5 year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain $3 million in vendor services as part of CDC grant funding obligations. This includes everything from writing the RFP to working with multiple City of Houston divisions and departments; as well as the Mayor’s Office.
- Served as Project Manager while overseeing a monthly report for the Houston Mayor’s Office detailing 10 – 20 new Public Works (HPW) Department community engagement activities per month. The report required the oversight of eight individuals within various divisions and included delegating assignments as necessary.
- Served as Project Manager for a $25,000 organizational website redesign. This included strategy, copy-writing and vendor management.
City of Houston, Houston Health Department
Oct ’16 – Present
Marketing Manager and Media Representative
Drove marketing initiatives for Project PrIDE, an HIV education and prevention project funded by the Centers for Disease Control.
• Crafted Request for Proposal (RFP) to attain $3 million in vendor services and served as project manager throughout the entire 1+ year procurement process.
• Served as a liaison between the Contract Specialist and the Health Department in an effort to expedite vendor contracts.
• Monitored and analyzed media performance to evaluate marketing campaign success.
• Planned, implemented and managed the marketing campaigns for two individual programs.
• Designed marketing collateral pieces, web pages and developed content to promote program goals while maintaining brand standards.
City of Houston, Houston Public Works (HPW)
Mar ’13 – Oct ’16
Served as the Communications Specialist in the Directors Office of Communications for HPW, ReBuild Houston and the Houston Bikeways program.
• Liaised with Mayor’s Office, Council Members and staff, as well as all levels of PWE staff regarding the coordination of community engagement initiatives and events.
• Assisted in the development of a database which served to monitor all HPW community engagement activities, as well as all correspondence to/from Council and citizens.
• Represented HPW at the monthly Super Neighborhoods Alliance meetings.
• Produced a monthly report for Mayor’s Office of Communications tracking 10 – 20 public engagement activities each month. The report required the oversight of eight individuals within multiple divisions and included delegating assignments as necessary.
• Pitched, crafted and managed a strategic plan for social media activities including multiple sites for HPW, ReBuild Houston and the Houston Bikeways Program.
American Festival for the Arts (AFA) – Non-Profit Organization.
Sept ’12 – Feb ‘13
Associate Director of Marketing
Managed communications functions including public relations, brand management, media relations & social media.
• Served as Web Content Manager and social media content contributor.
• Crafted on the WACK (Washington Avenue Cares about Kids) fundraising campaign resulting in greater community involvement between area businesses and AFA, as well as creating additional funding streams.
Midtown Management District (MMD) – Non-Governmental Organization
Aug ‘09 – Sept ‘12
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Developed public relations and community involvement programs that provided added benefit to Midtown property owners and visitors.
• Served as Project Manager for an approximately $25,000 organizational website redesign project. This included strategy, copy-writing and vendor management.
• Collaborated with grant writing team for the ‘Cultural Arts & Entertainment District’ designation bestowed by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
• Pitched, developed and implemented the MMD social media campaign including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr and a WordPress blog.
• Produced multiple community engagement and outreach events with up to 5,000 guests in attendance in an effort to increase community relations.
• Served as the point of contact for area business owners, thereby strengthening community relationships and developing a rapport which enabled the MMDs continued enhancements to the online community events calendar.
Sep 2006 – Oct 2009
Volunteer Coordinator & Program Assistant (Part-Time Position)
Oversaw 100+ volunteers on a monthly basis focusing on recruitment, training, scheduling and placement.
• Assisted the Director with program implementation, curriculum development and more.
Plunkett Research – Market Research Publishing Company
Aug ‘08 – Aug ‘09
Writer / Researcher / Media Relations Coordinator
Conducted market research and wrote technical briefs covering top companies within a variety of industries including energy, engineering, travel, entertainment and more for in print almanacs.
• Managed all media inquiries and coordinated local and national interviews for CEO.
• Developed and launched a social media campaign resulting in an increase in sales.
• Wrote and edited press releases, brochures and promotional copy.
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX
Anticipated Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts – Concentration in International Studies.
University of Houston. Houston TX
Graduated Dec ‘11
Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Specialization in Public Relations and Advertising; Minor in Art History.
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Houston Community College – Houston TX
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter) 2017 – 2018
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout Taiwan, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Lived in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for approximately 3.5 months while backpacking throughout multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany.