Seasoned Public Relations Professional with 10+ years’ experience in communications, marketing and government affairs.
Seeking opportunities in communications, marketing, government relations or international affairs. Willing to relocate worldwide.
|Communications & Public Relations||Project Management|
|Government Affairs||Writing, Research & Editing|
|Strategic Planning||Content Creation|
|International Relations||Stakeholder & Vendor Relations|
|Program Planning & Execution||Social Media Campaign Development|
University of Houston-Clear Lake. Nov ’21 – Present
Responsible for the success of marketing and communication projects within cross-functional effort. This includes quality of direction, coordination, implementation, and timely completion of projects in accordance with university mission and goals.
• Developed marketing project plans including deadlines, specs, assets, budget, vendor coordination, status updates, approvals and final delivery; and managed day-to-day development and coordination with internal / external teams, and vendors.
• Performed risk assessment analysis to ensure timely project delivery. Based on assessment, worked to develop project execution plan including work breakdown structure and project schedule.
• Monitored and evaluated all project activities for compliance with project management methodologies, policies and procedures. Provided direction and support to project teams and office staff.
• Communicated with project client(s) and key stakeholders project scope (costs, benefits, risk and schedule) and progress and effectively communicates financial and physical project status to management.
Indorama Ventures. Apr ’21 – Nov ’21
Regional Communications Lead, SAP Project
Oversaw change management communications efforts in the America’s region (US, Mexico, Canada) for the global implementation of SAP software.
- Developed and executed the regional communications plan and content marketing strategy.
- Created messaging, communications elements, and toolkits catered to end-users.
- Drove key activities such as change readiness assessments, impact assessments, and surveys.
- Managed logistics for stakeholder engagement activities such as townhalls and group connects.
- Managed a group of key stakeholders in an effort to drive acceptance and support of the A.S.A.P. program.
CBRE. Nov ’18 – Nov ’20
Sr. Marketing Specialist
Served as the project manager and B2B proposal writer supporting sales and new business development needs.
- Composed proposals, presentations and RFP content for government / educational intuitions, private corporations and others. This totaled approximately 100 pieces annually.
- Wrote and edited content for marketing and pitch materials; as well as other non-press content (i.e. web content, educational pieces, etc.).
- Managed entire proposal and presentation process from inception to completion.
- Developed broker value propositions and created broker team marketing/new business materials.
- Served as the interim Marketing Manager assigning projects and leading a team of 6, during the absence of the department manager.
City of Houston, Houston Health Department. Oct ’16 – Nov ’18
Marketing Manager and Media Representative
Managed the Project PrIDE marketing campaign and served as a liaison between the Department and vendors. Project PrIDE is an HIV education and prevention grant-funded project funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Served as Project Manager throughout the 1.5-year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain a $2+ million contract for vendor services as part of CDC grant funding obligations. This includes everything from writing the RFP to working with multiple City of Houston departments; as well as the Mayor’s Office to expedite vendor contracts.
- Monitored, analyzed, and interpreted data from 35+ media outlets, with a total reach of more than 65 million.
- Guided the vendor relationship while serving as project lead over a $2.5 million marketing campaign.
- Created more than 15 graphic design projects, resulting in the production of more than 30,000 collateral pieces (i.e. brochures, mailers, palm cards, etc.).
- Designed web pages and developed content while maintaining brand standards.
City of Houston, Houston Public Works (HPW). Mar ’13 – Oct ’16
Served as the communications lead for the Department / Directors Office, ReBuild Houston, and the Houston Bikeways Program.
- Pitched, implemented and managed a multi-site, strategic plan for social media activities for the Houston Public Works with a combined following of 13,000+.
- Served as the Project Manager of a monthly Mayor’s Office report detailing 10 – 20 new community engagement activities each month. The report required leading a team of 8 individuals within various Public Works divisions.
- Represented HPW at community meetings and served as a point of contact at the monthly Super Neighborhoods Alliance meetings which represents the approximately 85 Super Neighborhood Councils throughout Houston.
- Co-developed a database which served as a means to track all HPW community engagement activities, as well as all correspondence to/from Council and citizens.
American Festival for the Arts (AFA). Sept ’12 – Feb ‘13
Associate Director of Marketing
Managed communications initiatives including public relations, brand management, media relations & social media.
- Served as web project manager and content contributor to the AFA social media campaign resulting in increased following and engagement among the approximately 4,600 followers.
- Crafted WACK (Washington Avenue Cares about Kids) fundraising campaign resulting in greater community engagement between more than 90 area businesses/organizations and AFA.
- Assisted with the grant proposal process including writing, research, and development.
Midtown Management District (MMD). Aug ‘09 – Sept ‘12
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Developed public relations and community engagement programs for Midtown property owners and visitors.
- Served as Project Manager for a $15,000 organizational website redesign. This included strategy, copywriting and vendor management.
- Collaborated with grant writing team during the application process for the ‘Cultural District’ designation bestowed by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Pitched, developed, and managed the MMD social media campaign which has grown to 22,000+ followers across multiple sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the WordPress blog.
- Produced multiple community engagement and outreach events with up to 5,000 guests in attendance in an effort to increase community engagement.
- Point of contact for 300+ area business’, thereby strengthening community relationships and developing a rapport which allowed the MMD to continually enhance the public events calendar.
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts – Concentration in International Studies (3.8 GPA).
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Relations & Advertising specialization); Minor in Art History.
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Certified Professional Mediator – Basic Mediation (2018)
- 22 hrs. of accredited Project Management Professional (PMP) coursework (2017)
- Digital Communications Certification Program – Adobe Creative Suite (2015)
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter), Board Member 2017 – 2019
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
- Recipient of study abroad scholarship to study in Taiwan in 2018.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout Taiwan, France, Germany, Panama, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Lived abroad in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for approximately 3.5 months traveling to multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program in Hanover, Germany.