Creative marketing and communications professional with experience in public relations, journalism, and social media platforms. Motivated self-starter with measurable results in planning and implementing projects and events.
|Public Relations||Community Engagement|
|Social Media Campaigns||Graphic Design|
|Project Management||Volunteer Coordination|
|Writing & Editing||Event Planning|
City of Houston, Houston Health Department.
Oct ’16 – Present
Marketing Manager and Media Representative
Oversee the two marketing campaigns under the Project PrIDE grant, an HIV education and prevention initiative funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Planned, implemented and managed the marketing campaigns for two individual programs: “PrEP,” a pill taken daily to prevent HIV; and “Data to Care,” the use of data to identify HIV-diagnosed persons not in medical care, and to then re-engage them in HIV care, as well as ancillary services.
- Crafted Request for Proposal (RFP) to attain marketing services for the duration of the program.
- Served as project manager throughout the course of the RFP process. This is an approximately six month process which culminates with the approval of City of Houston Council Member.
- Oversaw media buying and media relations activities.
- Planned, coordinated and/or promoted special events including the Sharing Science Symposium, the Tools for Your Practice event, various luncheons, and more.
- Designed collateral pieces, created web pages and developed content to promote marketing goals while maintaining brand standards.
City of Houston, Public Works & Engineering Department (PWE).
Mar ’13 – Oct ’16
Social Media Manager and Communications Specialist
Served as the Communications Specialist, online spokesperson and community manager for the Director’s Office of Communications.
- Pitched and implemented a strategic plan for department wide social media activities including multiple sites for multiple programs and divisions.
- Crafted a communications plan detailing branding and public outreach efforts for ReBuild Houston.
- Partnered with Council Members and their staff on a regular basis to resolve constituent concerns.
- Served as the department Web Content Manager and graphic designer.
- Managed team of eight individuals within multiple PWE divisions in an effort to produce a monthly report for Mayor’s Office detailing department wide public engagement initiatives.
- Coordinated and managed multiple events including a catered reception at City Hall for a program launch and multiple community outreach meetings on infrastructure project updates.
American Festival for the Arts (AFA) – Non-Profit Organization.
Sept ’12 – Feb ‘13
Associate Director of Marketing
Managed communications functions including public relations, brand management, media relations & social media.
- Served as Web Content Manager and a contributor to the AFA social media campaign resulting in increased engagement and additional program interest.
- Crafted on the WACK (Washington Avenue Cares about Kids) fundraising campaign resulting in greater community involvement between area businesses and AFA, as well as creating additional funding streams.
Midtown Management District (MMD) – Governmental Agency.
Aug ‘09 – Sept ‘12
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Developed public relations and community involvement programs that provided added benefit to Midtown property owners and visitors alike. Pitched, developed and implemented the Midtown social media campaign including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Flickr and the WordPress blog, http://www.MidtownHoustonRocks.com.
- Produced multiple events with up to 5,000 guests in attendance in an effort to increase community relations. Events include: MMD 10 Year Anniversary, Annual Midtown Art in the Park and multiple community meetings.
- Served as project manager, leading website redesign efforts.
- Crafted press releases and eBlast which required me to serve as the point of contact for area business owners, thereby further strengthening community/professional relationships and promoting economic growth within the District.
- Collaborated with a team of 4 during the application process for the ‘Cultural Arts & Entertainment District’ designation bestowed by the Texas Commission on the Arts. This designation establishes Midtown as a “destination” location, creates economic growth and serves as a qualifier for grant opportunities.
Plunkett Research – Market Research Publishing Company.
Aug ‘08 – Aug ‘09
Writer / Researcher / Media Relations Coordinator
Conducted market research and wrote technical briefs covering top companies within a variety of industries.
- Managed all media inquiries and coordinated local and national interviews for Publisher / CEO.
- Developed and launched a social media campaign resulting in an increase in sales of the Plunkett almanacs.
- Created press releases, brochures as part of the strategic marketing campaign in an effort to re-brand product and attract a younger, more tech savvy demographic.
University of Houston. Houston TX
Graduated Dec ‘11
B.A. in Communication with an emphasis on Public Relations and Advertising; Minor in Art History.
Project Management Professional (PMP) –
Certification in Progress
22 hours of accredited training completed as of July 2017
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Houston Community College – Houston TX
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015