Motivated, critical thinker with 10+ years experience in the Public Sector and at NGO’s. Creative, self-starter with measurable results in planning and developing strategic projects to reach goals. Seeking opportunities in communications, development and marketing. Willing to relocate worldwide.
|Strategic Planning||Community Engagement|
|Leadership & Sales||Writing & Research|
|Client Relations||Volunteer Management|
|Contract Procurement||Relationship Building|
CBRE. Nov’18 – Present
Sr. Marketing Specialist
Business development, project management, proposal writing, and marketing.
City of Houston, Houston Health Department. Oct ’16 – Nov ’18
Marketing Manager and Media Representative
Drove marketing initiatives for Project PrIDE, an HIV education and prevention project funded by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Served as Project Manager throughout the 1.5-year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain a $2+ million contract for vendor services as part of CDC grant funding obligations. This includes everything from writing the RFP to working with multiple City of Houston departments; as well as the Mayor’s Office in an effort to expedite vendor contracts.
- Monitored, analyzed, and interpreted media data to evaluate campaign success. This included data from more than 35 media outlets, with a total reach of more than 65 million.
- Guided the vendor relationship and served as project lead over a $2.5+ million marketing campaign.
- Created more than 15 graphic design projects, resulting in the production of more than 30,000 collateral pieces (i.e. brochures, mailers, palm cards, etc.); Designed web pages including developing copy while maintaining brand standards.
City of Houston, Houston Public Works (HPW). Mar ’13 – Oct ’16
Served as the Communications Specialist in the Directors Office of Communications for HPW, ReBuild Houston and the Houston Bikeways program.
- Pitched, implemented and managed a strategic plan for social media activities including multiple sites for HPW, ReBuild Houston and the Houston Bikeways Program with a combined following of more than 13,000 followers.
- Served as Project Manager, overseeing the creation of a monthly report for the Mayor’s Office detailing 10 – 20 new community engagement activities each month. The report required leading a team of 8 within various divisions and included delegating assignments as necessary.
- Represented HPW, serving as the point of contact at monthly Super Neighborhoods Alliance meetings which represents the 85+ Super Neighborhood Councils throughout Houston.
- Co-developed a database which served as a means to track and monitor all HPW community engagement activities, as well as all correspondence to/from Council Members and citizens.
American Festival for the Arts (AFA). Sept ’12 – Feb ‘13
Associate Director of Marketing
Managed communications functions including public relations, brand management, media relations & social media.
- Served as web project manager and content contributor to the AFA social media campaign resulting in increased following and engagement among the approximately 4,600 followers.
- Crafted WACK (Washington Avenue Cares about Kids) fundraising campaign resulting in greater community engagement between more than 90 area businesses/organizations and AFA.
- Assisted with grant proposal process including writing, research, and development.
Midtown Management District (MMD). Aug ‘09 – Sept ‘12
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Developed public relations and community involvement programs that provided added benefit to Midtown property owners and visitors.
- Served as Project Manager for a $25,000 organizational website redesign; including strategy, copy-writing and vendor management.
- Collaborated with grant writing team during the application process for the ‘Cultural District’ designation bestowed by the Texas Commission on the Arts. Midtown is one of only 35 officially recognized Cultural Districts within cities.
- Pitched, developed and managed the MMD social media campaign which has grown to have 22,000+ followers across multiple sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest; as well as a pitching, designing and writing for the WordPress blog.
- Produced multiple community engagement and outreach events with up to 5,000 guests in attendance in an effort to increase community engagement.
- Served as the point of contact for 300+ area business’, thereby strengthening community relationships and developing a rapport which allowed the MMD to continually enhance the public community events calendar.
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts – Concentration in International Studies (3.8 GPA).
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Relations & Advertising specialization); Minor in Art History.
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Certified Professional Mediator – Basic Mediation (2018)
- 22 hrs. of accredited Project Management Professional (PMP) coursework (2017)
- Digital Communications Certification Program – Adobe Creative Suit (2015)
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter), Board Member 2017 – 2019
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
- Recipient of study abroad scholarship to study in Taiwan in 2018.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout Taiwan, France, Germany, Panama, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Lived abroad in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for approximately 3.5 months while backpacking throughout multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany.