Seasoned Public Relations Professional with 10+ years’ experience in communications, marketing and government affairs.
Seeking opportunities in communications, marketing, government relations or international affairs. Willing to relocate worldwide.
|Communications & Public Relations||Project Management|
|Government Affairs||Writing, Research & Editing|
|Strategic Planning||Content Creation|
|International Relations||Stakeholder & Vendor Relations|
|Program Planning & Execution||Social Media Campaign Development|
University of Houston-Clear Lake. Nov ’21 – Present
Responsible for the success of marketing and communication projects within cross-functional effort. This includes quality of direction, coordination, implementation, and timely completion of projects in accordance with university mission and goals.
• Developed marketing project plans including deadlines, specs, assets, budget, vendor coordination, status updates, approvals and final delivery; and managed day-to-day development and coordination with internal / external teams, and vendors.
• Performed risk assessment analysis to ensure timely project delivery. Based on assessment, worked to develop project execution plan including work breakdown structure and project schedule.
• Monitored and evaluated all project activities for compliance with project management methodologies, policies and procedures. Provided direction and support to project teams and office staff.
• Communicated with project client(s) and key stakeholders project scope (costs, benefits, risk and schedule) and progress and effectively communicates financial and physical project status to management.
Indorama Ventures. Apr ’21 – Nov ’21
Regional Communications Lead, SAP Project
Oversaw change management communications efforts within the America’s region (US, Mexico, Canada, Brazil) for the implementation of SAP software while working with a diverse, global team located throughout Thailand, India, Australia, Mexico, Brazil and more.
- Developed and executed the regional communications plan and content marketing strategy reaching approximately 1500 employees within 3 business sectors.
- Created messaging, communications elements, and toolkits catered to internal teams and end-users as required.
- Drove key activities such as change readiness analysis, impact assessments, focus groups, and project progress surveys.
- Planned and managed logistics for stakeholder engagement activities such as virtual townhalls and group connects.
CBRE, Inc. Nov ’18 – Nov ’20
Sr. Marketing Specialist
Served as the project manager and B2B proposal writer supporting sales and new business development needs.
- Composed approximately 100 marketing pieces annually including proposals, presentations and RFP development for government, and private corporations.
- Managed entire proposal and presentation process from inception to completion.
- Developed broker value propositions and created brokerage team and new business marketing materials.
- Served as the interim Marketing Manager assigning projects and leading a team of 6, during the absence of the department manager.
City of Houston, Houston Health Department. Oct ’16 – Nov ’18
Marketing Manager and Media Representative
Managed the Project PrIDE marketing campaign and served as a liaison between the Department and external vendors. The Project PrIDE campaign is an HIV education and prevention grant-based project funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and served People of Color and the LGBTQA communities.
- Served as Project Manager throughout the 1.5-year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain a $2+ million contract for vendor services as part of CDC grant funding obligations. This includes RFP development while working with multiple City of Houston departments, and the Mayor’s Office to expedite vendor contracts.
- Monitored, analyzed, and interpreted data from 35+ media outlets, with a total reach of more than 65 million.
- Guided the vendor relationship while serving as project lead over a $2.5 million marketing campaign.
- Created more than 15 graphic design projects, resulting in the production of more than 30,000 collateral pieces (i.e. brochures, mailers, palm cards, etc.).
- Designed web pages and developed content while maintaining brand standards.
City of Houston, Houston Public Works (HPW). Mar ’13 – Oct ’16
Served as the communications lead for the Department / Directors Office, ReBuild Houston, and the Houston Bikeways Program.
- Pitched, implemented and managed a multi-site, strategic plan for social media activities for the Houston Public Works with a combined following of 13,000+.
- Served as the Project Manager of a monthly Mayor’s Office report detailing 10 – 20 new community engagement activities each month. The report required leading a team of 8 individuals within various Public Works divisions.
- Represented HPW at community meetings and served as a point of contact at the monthly Super Neighborhoods Alliance meetings which represents the approximately 85 Super Neighborhood Councils throughout Houston.
- Co-developed a database which served as a means to track all HPW community engagement activities, as well as all correspondence to/from Council and citizens.
American Festival for the Arts (AFA). Sept ’12 – Feb ‘13
Associate Director of Marketing
Managed communications initiatives including public relations, brand management, media relations & social media.
- Served as web project manager and content contributor to the AFA social media campaign resulting in increased following and engagement among the approximately 4,600 followers.
- Crafted WACK (Washington Avenue Cares about Kids) fundraising campaign resulting in greater community engagement between more than 90 area businesses/organizations and AFA.
- Assisted with the grant proposal process including writing, research, and development.
Midtown Management District (MMD). Aug ‘09 – Sept ‘12
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
Developed public relations and community engagement programs for Midtown property owners and visitors.
- Served as Project Manager for a $15,000 organizational website redesign. This included strategy, copywriting and vendor management.
- Collaborated with grant writing team during the application process for the ‘Cultural District’ designation bestowed by the Texas Commission on the Arts.
- Pitched, developed, and managed the MMD social media campaign which has grown to 22,000+ followers across multiple sites including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the WordPress blog.
- Produced multiple community engagement and outreach events with up to 5,000 guests in attendance in an effort to increase community engagement.
- Point of contact for 300+ area business’, thereby strengthening community relationships and developing a rapport which allowed the MMD to continually enhance the public events calendar.
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts – Concentration in International Studies (3.8 GPA).
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Public Relations & Advertising specialization); Minor in Art History.
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Certified Professional Mediator – Basic Mediation (2018)
- 22 hrs. of accredited Project Management Professional (PMP) coursework (2017)
- Digital Communications Certification Program – Adobe Creative Suite (2015)
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter), Board Member 2017 – 2019
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
- Recipient of study abroad scholarship to study in Taiwan in 2018 while working on Masters program in International Studies.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout Taiwan, France, Germany, Panama, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Lived abroad in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for approximately 3.5 months traveling to multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program in Hanover, Germany during undergraduate studies.