Who Is Katherine Mestousis?
Katherine Mestousis is currently the Sr. Marketing Specialist at the Fortune 500, commercial real estate firm, CBRE. At CBRE, Katherine manages marketing and client proposal projects which directly impact business development and sales.
Prior to Katherine’s time with CBRE, she spent more than five & a half years working in communications and marketing at the City of Houston; first, at Houston Public Works and then the Houston Health Department.
At Public Works, Katherine facilitated the development of a communications plan for ReBuild Houston; a full-scale social media campaign for the department; as well as multiple community engagement initiatives. At the Houston Health Department, she primarily served as the project manager of a citywide marketing campaign funded by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This included managing the 1.5-year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain a $2+ million contract for vendor services, crafting the RFP, overseeing vendor relations and more.
Katherine offers more than 10 years of experience in public relations, community outreach, project management, event planning, volunteer management, and more. Presently, she is working on a Master’s degree in International Studies at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX.
In her spare time, Katherine can be found at local art openings or operas; however, travel and learning about new cultures is her greatest passion. Follow Katherine’s adventures on LinkedIn or on Instagram.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout France, Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Recipient of study abroad scholarship to study in Taiwan during the holiday break. Focus of study was Taiwanese politics and culture in contemporary Taiwan.
- Lived in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for a 3 months while backpacking through multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS:
Project Management Professional (PMP)
22 hours of accredited training completed as of July 2017
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015
- United Nations Associations-Houston Chapter,
Board Member 2017 – 2018
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Expected Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts (International Studies concentration).
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
B.A. in Communication (Public Relations & Advertising specialization; Minor in Art History).