Who’s Katherine Mestousis?
Katherine Mestousis is your not so average girl who’s searching the world over for opportunities in International Affairs, Humanitarian Efforts, and/or Conflict Resolution. My passion is in public sector and NGO work.
I am currently working on a Master’s degree in International Studies at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX. Prior to my graduate work, I attended the University of Houston and completed a Bachelor of Arts in Communication specializing in Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Art History.
I offer more than 9 years of experience in public relations, community outreach, project management, event planning, volunteer management and more. I also offer approximately 10 years of professional experience in the public sector and at NGO’s. To get a better idea about the kinds of projects I’ve worked on, visit me on LinkedIn.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout France, Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Participated in Taiwan study abroad. Focus of study was Taiwanese politics and culture in contemporary Taiwan.
- Lived in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for a 3 months while backpacking through multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany. Also, developed cultural understanding through the exchange process.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS
Project Management Professional (PMP)
22 hours of accredited training completed as of July 2017
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter) 2017 – 2018
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Expected Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts. Concentration in International Studies.
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
B.A. in Communication. Emphasis in Public Relations and Advertising.