Who’s That Girl?
I am Katherine Mestousis, your not so average girl who is searching the world over for opportunities in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing and Project Management. My passion is in non-profit/government work specifically international humanitarian efforts and conflict resolution.
I am currently working on a Master’s degree in International Studies at the University of St. Thomas. Prior to my Master’s work, I attended the University of Houston and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication specializing in Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Art History.
I offer more than 9 years of experience in public relations, community outreach, writing, social media campaigns, blogging, branding, web content management, HTML, publishing, event planning, volunteer management, marketing, graphic design, travel writing and much more. For more information, visit me on LinkedIn.
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Expected Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts with a dual concentration in International Studies and Human Service Management.
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
B.A. in Communication with an emphasis on Public Relations and Advertising; Minor in Art History.
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter) 2017
- Society of International Development 2017
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout France, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Lived in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for approximately 3.5 months while backpacking throughout multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany.
Project Management Professional (PMP) – In Progress
22 hours of accredited training completed as of July 2017
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Houston Community College
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015