Who Is Katherine Mestousis?
Katherine Mestousis is a Marketing Specialist and Media Representative at the City of Houston Health Department, where she is working on a marketing campaign for a Centers for Disease Control (CDC) funded grant. At the Health Department, Katherine serves as the project lead guiding the development of a citywide campaign. This includes managing the 1.5-year Request for Proposal (RFP) procurement process to attain a $2+ million contract for vendor services, as well crafting the RFP, overseeing vendor relations, and more.
Prior to Katherine’s time with the Health Department, she worked at the City of Houston Public Works Department. While at Houston Public Works (HPW), Katherine implemented a strategic plan for social media activities which included multiple sites and a had combined following of more than 13,000 followers. This project also included social sites for department programs such as ReBuild Houston and the Houston Bikeways.
Katherine offers more than 10 years of experience in public relations, community outreach, project management, event planning, volunteer management, and more. Currently, Katherine is working toward a Master’s degree in International Studies at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX.
In her spare time, Katherine can be found at local art openings or operas; however, travel and learning about new cultures is her greatest passion. To contact Katherine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to LinkedIn. You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter.
- Extensive solo and group travel experience throughout France, Germany, Czech Republic, Spain, Italy, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and more.
- Recipient of study abroad scholarship to study in Taiwan during the holiday break. Focus of study was Taiwanese politics and culture in contemporary Taiwan.
- Lived in Chios, Greece for approximately 5 years.
- Lived in Europe for a 3 months while backpacking through multiple countries.
- Participated in a German exchange program allowing me to experience life in Hanover, Germany. Also, developed cultural understanding through the exchange process.
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAININGS
Project Management Professional (PMP)
22 hours of accredited training completed as of July 2017
Digital Communications (Graphic Design) Certification Program
Adobe Creative Suite and HTML – Certificate completed May 2015
- United Nations Associations (Houston Chapter) 2017 – 2018
- Society of International Development 2017 – 2018
University of St. Thomas. Houston TX. Expected Graduation May ‘19
Master in Liberal Arts. Concentration in International Studies.
University of Houston. Houston TX. Graduated Dec ‘11
B.A. in Communication. Emphasis in Public Relations and Advertising.